Bench-to-bedside research help refine therapies and techniques.
Our providers from EvergreenHealth and Overlake Medical Center & Clinics are dedicated to learning how to help patients live longer, healthier lives through clinical collaborations, conducting research and clinical trials. Several of the physicians have received grants through private institutions to conduct their own research to facilitate better care in their patients.
Our research program is on the forefront of investigating new treatments, facilitating sponsored clinical studies as well as internal investigator-initiated research programs across a spectrum of subjects.
Currently Enrolling Trials
Non-Interventional Parkinson’s Disease Study
Assessing Parkinson’s Disease diaries within three years or up to 18 years of diagnosis.
Tavadapon (D1R agonist) versus Placebo for up to 35 weeks.
Essential Tremor Studies
Calcium Channel Blocker and GABA receptor drugs in treatment of essential tremor.
Lewy Body Dementia
Oral Drug Study
Newly Diagnosed Parkinson’s disease: 5 Studies
- Diagnosis within three years: Tyrosine Kinase inhibitor or placebo 12 visits in 40 weeks.
- Diagnosis within three years: Tavadapon, D1, D5 partial agonist 12 visits over 27 weeks.
- Reversible Inhibitor for LRRK2 Kinase – two studies: Patient diagnosed within two to five years with and without LRRK2 positive gene. Allows for separate cohorts of patients with or without PD treatment.
- Mild Alzheimer’s disease or Mild Cognitive Impairment due to Alzheimer’s disease. Two studies with oral drug Semaglutide and Varoglutamstat.
- ENROLL trial: Observational trial for patients with Huntington’s disease and their relatives.
- DIMENSIONS trial: Examining oxysterol-based NMDA receptor modulator with potential to restore NMDA receptor tone.
- Coming in June: Generation HD2 gene-silencing study for patients who previously participated in GenHD and de novo patients.
Additional Research Information
- Learn more about Clinical Trials
- Research Hotline is 425-899-5385
- Clinical Trial Request Form
- Find a Clinical Trial
- For providers wanting additional information, please email EastsideNeuroInstitute