At the Eastside Neuroscience Institute, we offer advanced neurosurgical treatments for all types of neurological conditions, from the more common to the complex. Our neurosurgeons specialize in the latest minimally invasive and open procedures.
When you come to Eastside Neuroscience Institute for a condition that may require neurosurgical care, you’re in the hands of some of the nation’s top neurosurgeons. Our surgical experts were trained at some of the best institutions and programs around the country. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality care, right here on the Eastside.
Our multidisciplinary team performs advanced testing and evaluates you from every angle to determine if surgery is your best treatment option. We take a thoughtful and conservative approach to surgery. We only recommend surgical treatment when the benefits for your quality of life outweigh any possible risks. At the Eastside Neuroscience Institute, a collaborative system of care between Overlake Medical Center and EvergreenHealth, you’ll receive compassionate care from top experts through every step in your medical journey.
Neurological conditions we treat
Our experts use a multidisciplinary approach to treat all types of neurological conditions that affect your brain, spine, spinal cord and nerves. Some of the many of the conditions we can help with are:
- Brain and spine tumors, such as gangliomas, gliomas and meningiomas.
- Cerebrovascular conditions, such as aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and intracranial hemorrhages (brain bleeds).
- Spine conditions, such as compression fractures, herniated discs, degenerative disc disease and spine tumors.
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, such as Huntington’s disease and essential tremors.
- Peripheral nerve damage or pain, such as neuropathies, trigeminal neuralgia (facial nerve pain) and nerve compression problems, like carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy.
- Brain or spinal trauma, which can be mild or severe and require emergent care. Our experts are available 24/7 to perform a complete evaluation and any treatments you may need.
Types of neurosurgical procedures we offer
Your care team works collaboratively to choose the best neurosurgical approach for your unique condition. When possible, we use minimally invasive procedures to help you heal faster with less risk of complications. We use the most advanced techniques to get you back to the quality of life you deserve.
Our neurosurgical procedures include:
- Endoscopic brain and spine procedures that involve inserting a tiny video camera and surgical instruments through small incisions. This type of minimally invasive procedure is commonly used to treat brain tumors.
- Endovascular procedures that treat cerebrovascular conditions using stents and balloon devices threaded through a catheter (tube) in a blood vessel.
- Lobe resections, hemispherectomies, laser interstitial thermal therapy and other procedures to treat epilepsy.
- Nerve stimulation device implantations like deep brain stimulation (DBS) and vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) to treat movement disorders and epilepsy.
- Peripheral nerve surgeries to release compressed nerves. This is a treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome and cubital tunnel syndrome.
- Spine surgeries using spine navigation technology to precisely treat a specific area.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery using focused radiation beams to treat tumors, AVMs and epilepsy.
Comprehensive care through your medical journey
Our neurosurgeons collaborate with a team of specialists to provide non-operative treatment options, dependent on your condition. That may include medications, therapy or lifestyle changes.
If you undergo surgery, we’re with you through every step of your treatment journey, including your recovery. You may start rehabilitation while in the hospital and continue working with our rehabilitation experts after discharge. Our physical, occupational and speech therapists help you regain strength, movement and function. You benefit from a customized rehabilitation program that focuses on helping you get stronger so you can fully enjoy your life.
Leaders in neurosurgery
You receive care from neurosurgeons whose skills and expertise have been recognized regionally and nationally. Seattle Met and Seattle Magazine continually rate many of our doctors as tops in their fields. Your care team also includes:
- Pain management experts
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists